Girl Scouts love to travel—from the field trips they take as Brownies to the global adventures they go on as teens. If you love exploring different places and cultures, then Girl Scouts is the place for you.
You can experience all that our country has to offer, whether you’re “blasting off” at Space Camp in Alabama, taking in a Broadway show in New York City, or visiting the birthplace of Girl Scouts’ founder, Juliette Gordon Low, in Savannah, Georgia. And you can plan even bigger adventures around the world, traveling with other Girl Scouts who share your love of adventure.
Check out Girl Scout Destinations, the ultimate adventure program for girls ages 11 and older. With a ton of different trips to apply for every year—from surfing camp on the east coast and breathtaking hikes out west, to the crazy-cool wonder of new cultures abroad—there’s something amazing for everyone to experience.
Make friends from all over the country as you travel with Girl Scouts from different states, see and learn new things, and pack your bags full of inspiring, life-changing experiences and memories. Find your trip today!
Where can you go? Places like China, Costa Rica, Switzerland, Patagonia, Peru, Scotland, Germany, Mexico, and more!
How far will your Girl Scout experience take you? That’s up to you!
Susu FUNd Travel
To a Girl Scout International World Center!
This bi-annual council-sponsored international travel opportunity is designed for Girl Scout Seniors and Ambassadors who meet the eligibility requirements listed below. Take off on the next trip to Pax Lodge in London, England in the Summer of 2017! The application deadline is March 15, 2016. Thanks to the generousity and vision of Susan Phifer Johnson, a significant portion of the program expenses are provided through the Susu FUNd. This travel adventure will involve girls in the planning, budgeting, and money-earning, as well as preparations to experience the culture of the country. When they return they will share highlights of their experience with other Girl Scouts and encourage them to travel to enhance their understanding of other parts of the world.
Girls are required to pay a portion of the expenses. The amount will be determined by the group based on the itinerary developed by the girls during their planning. Product sales earnings and money-earning efforts by the group will help offset the individual's cost. Girls must meet the requirements for international travel, which includes purchasing a Passport.
|Girl Scout International World Centers||Trip Schedule||Application Deadline|
|Pax Lodge - London, England||Summer 2017||March 15, 2016|
|Our Chalet - Adelboden, Switzerland||Summer 2019||March 15, 2018|
|Sangam - Pune, India||Summer 2021||March 15, 2020|
|Our Cabana - Cuernavaca, Mexico||Summer 2023||March 15, 2022|
|Pax Lodge - London, England||Summer 2025||March 15, 2024|
Eligible girl applicants for the Susu FUNd must:
- Be entering grades 9-12
- Have Gold Award Project approved
- Be a registered member of a troop or Girl Scout Individually Registered Girl in Girl Scouts of South Carolina — Mountains to Midlands
- Participate in both council-sponsored product sales programs
- Fill out an application and provide a letter of recommendation from the applicant's leader.
Girls selected for the trip must adhere to the eligibility requirements plus the following:
- Participate in money-earning efforts for the trip
- Complete Gold Award Project before the trip
- Attend planning meetings which will be held at different locations to accomodate all participants
Eligible adult chaperone applicants for the Susu FUNd must:
- Be an approved volunteer and member of the Girl Scouts of South Carolina - Mountains to Midlands
- Have experience working with girls 16-18 years of age
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have experience traveling
- Be unrelated to participants and other adult chaperones
- Fill out an application form, send a letter of recommendation, and have one other reference. (Adult chaperone programs and transportation cost will be covered through the fund.)
Be sure to select a reference that is familiar with you and your accomplishments. References should not be your relatives.
For questions call 800-849-4475.