|The Emerald Circle |
“Ours is a circle of friends united by ideals.” This description of Girl Scouting by founder Juliette Gordon Low provided the inspiration for forming our women’s philanthropic group. Through our shared desire to help girls lead, women are committing resources by annually supporting The Emerald Circle. The collective women’s giving power through Emerald Circle enables Girl Scouting to continue to be the best leadership experience for all girls.
In 2000, a time when women’s giving circles were a new concept and few existed, one of our legacy councils, Girl Scouts of the Piedmont Area, invited women of distinction and community leaders to form The Emerald Circle by contributing to a common goal of preparing girls for excellence. From 60 founding members, Emerald Circle grew to include almost 200 women and raised over $1,000,000 for girls.
Following our 100th Anniversary celebrations throughout our council in 2012, Emerald Circle was re-launched in Spartanburg in 2013. Now we are forming Emerald Circle groups in many other communities across the council.
Benefits of Membership
- Distinctive opportunity to support the premier leadership development organization for girls
- Emerald Circle scarf
- Donor recognition celebration
- Council news, including special communications specifically for Emerald Circle members
- Public acknowledgement of your generous gift to girls
- Discounted tickets for major fundraising events
Annual Giving Levels