To A Girl Scout International World Center
This bi-annual council-sponsored international travel opportunity is designed for Girl Scout
Seniors and Ambassadors who meet the eligibility requirements listed below. The next trip is
to Girl Scout International World Center, Our Chalet, in Switzerland Summer 2011. The
application deadline is March 15, 2010. Thanks to the generosity and vision of Susan Phifer
Johnson, a significant portion of the program expenses are provided through the SUSU FUNd.
This travel adventure will involve girls in the planning, budgeting and money-earning, as
well as preparations to experience the culture of the country. When they return they will
share highlights of their experience with other Girl Scouts and encourage them to travel to
enhance their understanding of other parts of the world.
Girls are required to pay a portion of the expenses. The amount will be determined by the
group based on the itinerary developed by the girls during their planning. Product sales
earnings and money-earning efforts by the group will help offset the individual’s cost.
Girls will also be required to meet the requirements for international travel, which
includes purchasing a Passport.
Girl Scout International World Centers
Our Chalet Adelboden, Switzerland
Sangam Pune, India
Our Cabaña Cuernavaca, Mexico
Pax Lodge London, England
March 15, 2010
March 15, 2012
March 15, 2014
March 15, 2016
Eligible girl applicants for the SUSU FUNd must:
- Be entering grades 9 – 12
- Have Gold Award Project approved
- Be a registered member of a troop or Girl Scout Juliette in Girl Scouts of South Carolina – Mountains to Midlands, Inc.
- Participate in both council-sponsored product sales programs
- Fill out an application and provide a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s leader
Girls selected for the trip must adhere to the eligibility requirements plus the following:
- Participate in money-earning efforts for the trip
- Complete Gold Award project before the trip
- Attend planning meetings which will be held at different locations to accommodate all participants
Eligible adult chaperone applicants for the SUSU FUNd must:
- Be an approved volunteer and member of the Girl Scouts of South Carolina – Mountains to Midlands, Inc.
- Have experience working with girls 16 -18 years of age
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have experience travelling
- Be unrelated to participants and other adult chaperone
- Fill out an application form, send a letter of recommendation and have one other reference
Adult chaperones program & transportation costs will be covered through the fund.
Be sure to select a reference that is familiar with you and your accomplishments. References should not be
If you have any questions, contact Lynn Arve, or 800-849-4475.