Click here to go to the homepage!
Home  |  Join Us  |  Volunteer  |  Donate  |  Español    |   Login   
   Find us on FacebookFind us on TwitterFind us on YouTube

How do I register for adult learning courses?Review the calendar and select a session that fits into your schedule. Register online at or complete the registration form included in the calendar and send it to the Registrar at your local service center.
May I attend sessions at any of the locations listed?Yes, you may choose the adult learning session that is most convenient for you.
Why do I need to register for a session?Registration is necessary for all adult learning sessions to allow the volunteer trainer time to prepare for the class and to ensure that enough course materials will be available for participants. Non-registered participants place an unreasonable burden on registered participants, the trainer, and the host site.
Is there a cost for adult learning courses?Most courses are offered at no cost. When a fee is charged, it covers the cost of equipment and materials. Fees must accompany your completed registration form. CPR/FA is offered free of charge to one adult per troop per year for the adult who will serve as the troop?s first aider. Choose a session listed in the calendar. Register on line at or by completing the registration form. Include the fee with your registration form and indicate that it is the annual free session. After you have successfully completed the course, the fee will be returned. If this is your free course and you register online and complete the course, the fee will be refunded.
How will I get directions to the session location?Session confirmations will be mailed or e-mailed once the session has been confirmed. Directions to the session locations can be found at, Register Online, Activity Locations or by clicking the designated link in your confirmation email.
What do I bring to my session?You will find a list of items to bring in each course description and in your confirmation letter. Resources can be purchased at Girlz Gear council shops.
What should I do if I need to cancel my registration?To cancel, please notify the Volunteer Development Manager at any service center as soon as possible.
If I cancel my registration, will my payment be refunded?In most cases, refunds or a session transfer will be allowed when requested at least three business days prior to the session. This may not be possible if fees to outside consultants have been paid, or if food and other supplies have been purchased. Check with a Volunteer Development Manager for questions on a particular session. Individuals who do not show up for a session without giving prior notification may forfeit a refund or transfer.
What happens if I arrive late to a session?Arriving more than 20 minutes late or leaving 20 minutes early may result in not receiving credit for taking the course. Please be considerate of our volunteer trainers and other participants in the session.
What happens if the minimum number of participants is not met?Sessions that do not meet the minimum number of registered participants will be cancelled. Only registered participants will be notified by telephone, mail, or e-mail. Unless otherwise noted, at least six (6) participants must be registered to conduct any adult learning session or workshop.
May I bring my child with me?In order to create a safe, comfortable, learning-friendly environment, children are not permitted at adult learning sessions. Please make arrangements for child care.
Will a record be kept of the Girl Scout adult learning sessions I attend?An attendance record is kept for each session. In addition, when you attend your Mountains to Midlands 101 session, you will receive a card for recording your Girl Scout adult learning participation. Bring this card with you to all sessions you attend and the trainer will record your attendance.
Do I have to complete courses in person?Many of the courses are available online and/or through a written correspondence course. Courses available online and/or through correspondence are: Girl Scouts of the USA?s Volunteer Orientation, Grade-level Leadership (all grade levels), Bronze Award, Planning Trips with Girls, and Leadership Essentials. If you are interested in these options, please submit the request form in this publication or download the form from the council?s Web site, Girl Scouts of the USA?s Volunteer Orientation is available only online through the GSUSA Web site, - Password: discover. Use your Volunteer Development Manager?s e-mail address when asked for your volunteer manager e-mail.
Is training from another Girl Scout council or another agency transferable?If the courses taken are equivalent, then credit can be transferred. You must provide documentation of the training taken. Contact a Volunteer Development Manager to discuss your situation.
How can I participate in additional adult learning opportunities?Attend your service unit meetings. Additional sessions may be announced or conducted at these meetings. Give suggestions for additional adult learning opportunities to your Volunteer Development Manager. Take advantage of adult learning opportunities in your community that might support your Girl Scout leadership role.
What adult leadership development and volunteer recognitions are council-sponsored?The Leadership Development Pin recognizes adult troop leaders and assistant leaders who demonstrate competence and continuous improvement, and participate in training in subject areas that increases their skills in working with girls. Leaves may be earned for additional and on-going training. Girl Scouts of South Carolina ? Mountains to Midlands honors volunteer recognitions endorsed by GSUSA. Please visit, Volunteers, Recognitions for a complete description of the Leadership Development Pin and adult recognitions.
Who do I contact if I have questions about adult learning?For more information about adult learning, contact the Volunteer Development Manager through the council?s toll-free number, 800-849-GIRL (4475).

Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Report a Problem
Copyright © 2015 Girl Scouts of South Carolina - Mountains to Midlands, Inc., All rights reserved.
Service marks, Copyright © 2015, Girl Scouts of the USA, All rights reserved.
The GIRL SCOUTS name, mark and all associated trademarks and logotypes, including the Trefoil Design, are owned by GSUSA.
Other trademarks and service marks mentioned on this Web site are the property of their respective owners.