Camp Facilities include:
Summer Resident Camp
GSSC-MM offers resident camp in the Blue Ridge Mountains at Camp WaBak. Since 1948, Camp WaBak has been serving girls with opportunities for unique outdoor experiences. At Camp WaBak, girls cook outdoors, swim in our in-ground pool, canoe on our lake, hike on our trails, and splash in our waterfalls where each week is themed to offer a unique, immersive experience.
Our Equestrian program is always one of our popular sessions. In addition to time in the saddle, girls will spend time on the ground learning safe handling by understanding how horses think and act. All challenges are appropriate to the skill of the rider and safety and fun will always be the key focuses.
Tripping programs offer an opportunity for older campers to spend part of the week at camp and part of the week off on adventures ranging from zip lines and white water rafting to sightseeing in Savannah and Cherokee. Art-themed and sightseeing based tripping programs have also been added for girls who want to get off site but can do without the adrenaline rush of extreme adventure activities.
WaBak is now offering additional leadership opportunities for older campers. The CIT I program has been expanded to three weeks, and CIT II and Counselor Apprentice programs have been added to the repertoire. Opportunities to earn the PA pin, complete Red Cross Babysitter training, and work toward the College Knowledge badge are also available.
Want more information? Click here to view our 2019 Summer Guide.
36 Camp WaBak Road
Marietta, SC 29661
Camp WaBak is tucked away in the Blue Ridge Mountains of northern Greenville County, just four miles from the North Carolina state line. On its 135 acres of rolling hills, mixed pines, hemlocks and hardwoods, you will find a variety of camping options from air conditioned cabins to rustic platform tents. Camp WaBak is available for service unit encampments, troop camping, rental group usage, and outdoor activities.
Summer at Camp WaBak: Camp WaBak is the site of one of our summer resident camp which runs from June to early August. We offer a wide variety of programming to interest a wide variety of girls: horses are on site for summer equestrian programs, and it’s also the host site for our summer off-site adventure trips like white water rafting and backpacking! Girls will also have opportunities to participate in traditional camp activities like swimming, singing, archery, canoeing, hiking, arts & crafts, outdoor cooking, and much more! Come sing songs, enjoy new experiences, and make friends in an environment safe for every girl!
Video by: Doug Nechodom
- Large Dining Hall with commercial kitchen
- Three lodge style cabins with indoor restrooms and kitchens, sleeps between 12 and 36 people
- Winterized unit with cabins, lodge, and shelter
- Two three-season units with shower house, bathroom house, and unit shelters
- Platform tent unit with shower house, bathroom house, and unit shelter
- Craft Hut
- Amphitheater seating approximately 100 people with fire ring
- Private lake for canoeing and kayaking, must follow Safety Activities Checkpoints
- Swimming pool (summer only)
- Archery Range, must follow Safety Activities Checkpoints
- Hiking trails and mountain view overlook
- Private on-site waterfall and overlook, must follow Safety Activities Checkpoints
- Creek for creek-stomping, must follow Safety Activities Checkpoints
- Fire Rings
- Two Open field for recreational use