GSSC-MM COVID-19 Guidelines for Mask Wearing
At Girl Scouts of South Carolina−Mountains to Midlands, there is nothing we take more seriously than the safety and wellbeing of our girls, volunteers, and council staff. We have been closely monitoring the information regarding the COVID-19 virus shared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as GSUSA, and national public health officials to inform our decisions. New information is still being reported regularly, so we remain fluid in planning and scheduling, and thank our members for their flexibility. Please continue to monitor council updates so we may all take the appropriate measures to ensure our Girl Scout family continues to have a safe, fun, one-of-a-kind experience. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- We recommend maintaining 3 feet to 6 feet for social distancing
- Volunteers are directed to follow Adult to Girl Ratio guidelines found in Safety Activity Checkpoints; there are no additional group gathering limitations required for the number of people meeting in one location. Access the most recent version of Safety Activity Checkpoints here.
- Volunteers are expected to confirm and follow venue requirements to maintain compliance.
- It is not the council’s policy to ask about an individual member’s vaccination status. No one should ask the vaccination status of a girl, family member, volunteer, etc. However, due to the close and personal nature of many troops and groups, one’s vaccination status may be voluntarily shared and could lead to a logical modification to guidelines.
- This is not an exhaustive list of Girl Scout activities and should be used as a guide for like activities.
- Children aged 2 and younger are not required to wear masks.
- People may choose to mask at any time.
- People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask.
- Find the county information needed to follow these guidelines here.
See below for the mask requirement chart (or view here):
GSSC-MM Girlz Gear Shop
Masks are not required in Girlz Gear Shops at this time since the COVID-19 community level is low in our council. The CDC has provided a map we will use to determine when masks should be worn inside. We ask everyone to be kind and respectful of those whose personal preference is to wear a mask.
Our Girlz Gear Shops offer curbside pickup for shoppers. Place your
order ahead of your visit to a Girlz Gear Shop. Orders are available
for pick up Tuesdays-Fridays at the Greenville and Columbia shops and
on Thursdays at Camp Mary Elizabeth. All Camp Mary Elizabeth curbside
pickup orders must be received by noon on the Wednesday before the
desired Thursday pickup date.
Place your pickup order in this form. Once we receive your request, our staff will contact you to schedule your pickup. Please note that for pickup, we can only accept credit/debit card or Cookie Dough payments.