We can't change the lives of girls without YOU! These in-depth trainings provide extra support to help you create a safe and fun Girl Scout experience.
Completion of the Co-Leader Certification Program is required for all new co-leaders.
In order to earn your Co-Leader
Certification and lead a troop, you must complete the program within
10 weeks of registration.
- Co-Leader Certification Step 1- Girl Scout Ways: Access this course on our online learning library here and watch on your own time, at your own pace. When you click on this link, you will need to choose the correct course and click “Add to Cart” (there is no fee for this course). This will take you to a check out page, add your information and click "Check Out." Please note: the online learning library may not launch on all web browsers. If you receive error messages or have trouble launching, please switch to a different browser. You will learn about Girl Scout history, traditions, songs, and more!
- Co-Leader Certification Step 2- Troop Basics: Enjoy the comforts of home while you attend this live, interactive webinar. Find a session that works for you and register on our council event page here. After you complete this step, you are ready to hold a family meeting and meet with girls for the first time. (If you’d rather attend Step 2- Troop Basics in person, opportunities are scheduled throughout the month in our three service centers. You can find upcoming dates on our council event page.)
- Co-Leader Certification Step 3- Program Level Basics: Learn how to lead G.I.R.L.s at any level during this on-demand learning opportunity, found in our online learning library. Short, sweet, and to the point, these videos were designed with you in mind.
- Co-Leader Certification Step 4- Navigating Volunteer Toolkit: Explore the VTK, your personal planning assistant for all things Girl Scouts. Find this opportunity in our online learning library and watch on your schedule.
- Co-Leader Certification Step 5- Troop Operations Management: Get “in the know” about troop operations in this comprehensive on-demand video. In the final video in the Co-Leader Certification, you will learn about financial management, operations, and creating a safe space for girls, both at home and while traveling. Find it in our online learning library.
- Co-Leader Certification Step 6- Earn your Co-Leader Certification and gain confidence to go out and rock your Girl Scout year! We know you’re excited to get going—we’re thrilled for you, too! Don’t forget the final step to Co-Leader Certification: attend your first service unit meeting to meet other volunteers in your area and share your experiences . Once all steps are completed, you will receive your official “Adult Learning” patch at your service unit meeting.
American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR, AED, and First Aid
American Red Cross CPR, AED, and First Aid Blended Learning
Mountain Magic Adult Learning Weekend
Planning Trips with G.I.R.L.s
Sleep-In (Indoors Overnight)
Sleep-Out (Outdoors Overnight)
Volunteer Resource Fair